- A’ Seinn an Aghaidh na Balbhachd / Singing Against the Silence: Documentary about Gaelic in Nova Scotia by Michael Newton
- Race, Whiteness and the Myth of Celtic Appalachia: Talk by Michael Newton at Asheville WordFest 2019
- Native Well-Springs of Creativity in the Scottish Highlands: Talk by Michael Newton at Asheville WordFest 2018
- Tartan Day Debate 2011 (about representing and celebrating Scottish Highland Tradition) – from 4:00
- Hidden Glen podcasts produced by Michael Newton (FaceBook group here)
- Interview with Carmen Spagnola on The Numinous Podcast
- Interview with Sharon Blackie on This Mythic Life podcast.
- 2016 Interview on Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Cape Breton) about Scottish Highland immigrant communities in Canada.
- 2014 Interview on WUNC / NPR about Scotland, the history of immigration to North Carolinas, BREXIT, and more.
- 2000 Interview on BBC Alba about A Handbook of the Scottish Gaelic World when it was published.